IELTS Writing Task 2 Environment topics vẫn đang là chủ đề hot xuất hiện nhiều lần trong đề thi các năm gần đây. Bởi lẽ những vấn đề liên quan đến môi trường luôn là chủ đề được quan tâm nhiều nhất khi những hệ lụy của ô nhiễm môi trường đang trực tiếp ảnh hưởng đến cuộc sống. Vậy làm thế nào để có thể bày tỏ quan điểm của bản thân vào các bài luận về chủ đề này. Bài viết dưới đây sẽ giúp bạn trả lời câu hỏi này nhé!
Các Subtopic trong Writing Task 2 Environment
Environment là một chủ đề khá rộng vì vậy khi đưa vào Writing Task 2 các vấn đề sẽ được đề cập trong một bối cảnh cụ thể và chi tiết. Nhìn chung, các dạng chủ đề thường xoay quanh các vấn đề
Các chủ đề cụ thể hay gặp trong đề thi
Human Impacts on the Environment
Global warming and Climate change
The protection of animal species
Nuclear power (Benefits and Drawbacks)
Environmental Issues and Solutions
Ví dụ tổng hợp các đề thi IELTS Writing Task 2 Environment
- Some people say that the main environmental problem of our time is the loss of particular species of plants and animals. Others say that there are more important environmental problems. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
- The government should reduce the amount of money spent on local environmental problems and instead increase funding into urgent and more threatening issues such as global warming.
To what extent do you agree?
- With deforestation, urban development and illegal hunting, many animal species are becoming endangered as they lose their habitat and some are even threatened to the point of extinction
Do you think it is important to protect animals?
What measures can be taken to deal with this problem?
- While many people believe that global environment problems should be dealt with internationally rather than domestically
- As a result of growth in some urban centers, the environment in those cities is deteriorating. How could this issue be tackled by both the government and individuals?
Ý tưởng và từ vựng trong IELTS Writing Task 2 topic Environment
Dưới đây là một số ý tưởng và từ vựng chủ đề Enviroment trong IELTS Writing, bạn đọc có thể tham khảo và xây dựng các idea hay cho mình nhé!
Ý tưởng về chủ đề Environment
- Industrial processes, particularly those involving the burning of fossil fuels, release harmful pollutants into the air and water.
- The depletion of fossil fuels like oil and gas is a pressing concern for the future of energy.
- The destruction of wildlife habitats is a crisis of immense proportions, threatening the very existence of numerous species.
- Many species of animals and plants have come to extinction
- Deforestation: Deforestation for agriculture, logging, and urban development destroys natural ecosystems, reduces biodiversity, and contributes to soil erosion and climate change.
- Urbanization: The rapid growth of cities has led to increased congestion, traffic emissions, and waste generation.
- Agricultural Practices: Intensive agricultural practices, such as the excessive use of pesticides, fertilizers, and irrigation, can lead to soil and water pollution.
- Lack of Environmental Awareness and Education
- should introduce laws to limit emissions from factories
- need to invest in renewable energy from solar, wind or water power
- launch campaigns to raise public awareness about saving energy and environment protection
- invest more money into developing alternatives resources of energy to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels
– People should
- try to recycle as much as possible
- taking public transport instead of private vehicles
- reduce the amount of power wasted
- Use environmentally friendly products and energy-efficient devices
- choose products with less packaging
Damage to ecosystems: Pollution can harm plants, animals, and other organisms, leading to changes in the structure and function of ecosystems.
Loss of biodiversity
Consequence for human health
- Air pollution can irritate the airways, leading to respiratory problems such as asthma, bronchitis
- Increase the risk of lung cancer
- damage the heart and blood vessels, increasing the risk of heart attacks and strokes. It can also contribute to high blood pressure
Từ vựng IELTS Writing Task 2 chủ đề Environment
- combustion (noun): Sự đốt cháy, sự cháy
- fossil fuel (compound noun) = natural resources: Nhiên liệu hóa thạch
- automobile (noun) = car: Ô tô
- harness (verb): Khai thác để sản xuất năng lượng
- toxic (adjective)= poisonous: Độc, có độc
- pesticide (noun) = insecticide: Thuốc trừ sâu
- fertilizer (noun): Phân bón
- break down (phrasal verb) = degrade: Phân hủy
- waste disposal (compound noun): Xả rác
- dump something (verb)= get rid of something: Vứt bỏ cái gì
- acid rain (compound noun): Mưa axit
- dissolve (verb): Hòa tan, tan ra
- contaminate (verb) = pollute / contamination = pollution (noun): Ô nhiễm, làm bẩn
- sewage (noun) = wastewater: Nước thải hay chất thải do con người thải ra
- leak (verb): Rò rỉ
- water body (compound noun): Nơi chứa khối lượng nước lớn
- environmental degradation (noun phrase): Sự xuống cấp của môi trường
- oil spill (compound noun): Tràn dầu, rò rỉ dầu
- respiratory (adjective): Thuộc về hô hấp
- greenhouse gases (compound noun): Khí nhà kính
- polar ice caps (compound noun): Tảng băng ở cực
- environmentally friendly (adjective phrase) = eco-friendly: Thân thiện với môi trường
- energy-efficient device (noun phrase): Thiết bị tiết kiệm năng lượng
- get rid of something (phrasal verb): Vứt cái gì đi
- Pose a threat: Mối đe dọa
- Cause road deterioration: Gây ra việc xuống cấp đường xá
- Over-exploitation of natural resources: Việc khai thác quá đà các tài nguyên thiên nhiên
- Balance economic growth and environment protection: Cân bằng sự phát triển kinh tế và việc bảo vệ môi trường
- Pollutant emission growth: Sự gia tăng khí thải gây ô nhiễm
- Raise awareness of environmental issues: Nâng cao nhận thức về những vấn đề môi trường
Bài mẫu IELTS Writing Task 2 Environment
Đề bài: Some people say that the main environmental problem of our time is the loss of particular species of plants and animals. Others say that there are more important environmental problems. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
Some people consider that the loss of individual species of plants and animals is the main environmental problem of our time. Attempts to preserve rare or dying species are carried out in zoos or other specialist plant and animal facilities, through breeding programmes, preservation orders and other forms of protection and there was genuine sadness among many when the last surviving white rhino died earlier this year.
Survival of the fittest is nature’s way of ruthlessly allowing weaker specimens to die out, although mankind has also contributed to falling animal numbers through hunting and poaching. However, whether saving individual species should be the main focus of environmental protection is debatable. Climate change and excessive use of plastic are just two other major problems that deserve our attention.
The evidence of climate change is there for us all to see: rising sea levels and associated flooding with the loss of homes at low land levels are becoming more frequent. Many countries and island communities are now calling for urgent action to delay, halt or even reverse the process, although if we believe the experts, reversal is impossible. Habitable areas are gradually shrinking, often for some of the poorest groups of people, but there seems to be little obvious action taking place. If the major contributors to climate change will not support the reduction of greenhouse gases, there is little hope for the future.
Naturalists have also begun to expose the serious problems arising from discarded plastic waste. Birds and animals can die gruesome deaths through being trapped or caught up in plastic bags or ropes, while the long process required for these plastics to decay means that they remain a threat for many years to come. Worse, there is now beginning to be evidence of sea creatures ingesting smaller globules of disintegrating plastic, which harms them and all the other creatures in their particular food chain.
The loss of particular species, both flora and fauna, is cause for regret, but I do not agree that they are the most important environmental problems these days. If climate change and damage from plastic continue, there will be less land and less food for everyone, including plants and animals.
Trên đây là bài viết về chủ đề IELTS Writing Task 2 Environment Topics. Hy vọng rằng thông qua bài viết các bạn đã nắm được một số các chủ đề chủ yếu và cách lên ý tưởng cho mỗi chủ đề này nhé!